Copyright 2010. D.O.H.S.
Unit 1 - 4820 Portage Avenue Headingley, MB R4H 1C8 Phone: (204) 988-5370 Fax: (204) 947-5179
Message from the Director of Health
Litonya Scott, Director of Health
Welcome to the Dakota Ojibway Health Services website. DOHS was established in 1987 to assist First Nations in the pre-transfer of health programs & services to the community level and to research, investigate and implement a holistic approach to the delivery of health related programs and services, taking into account traditional values, customs and beliefs.
· Roseau River Anishinabe First Nation
· Sandy Bay Ojibway First Nation
· Swan Lake First Nation
· Waywayseecappo First Nation
· Dakota Tipi First Nation
DOHS assists the communities in the following areas:
· Community Health Nursing
· National Aboriginal Youth Suicide Prevention Strategy (NAYSPS)
· Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD)
· National Native Alcohol & Drug Abuse Program (NNADAP)
· Brighter Futures (BF)
· Home & Community Care (HCC)
· Case Management Initiative (CMI)
· Blurring the Lines (BTL) Project
Please take this time to browse our website and learn more about the programs & services we offer.
Director of Health
Dakota Ojibway Health Services